India is a large country and it has huge database of Indian Pincode. It is very difficult to remember the pincode or pin of a particular locality in a city, town or village. Basically Pincode is a postal index number which is used by Indian Postal Department to address the post office and area to which the post belongs to. Each and every place has different pincode number which specifies the region for addressing the post to the correct postal address. The full form of PIN is Postal Index number and the code is 6 digits long numeric number which was introduced on August 15, 1972. Every digits of pincode indicate or gives different meanings. In India there are 9 pincode zones with 8 regional and 1 functional zones.
The nine pincode zones cover the following Indian states and union territories
- Delhi, Haryana, Punjab, Himachal Pradesh, Jammu & Kashmir, Chandigarh
- Uttar Pradesh, Uttarakhand
- Rajasthan, Gujarat, Daman and Diu, Dadra & Nagar Haveli
- Goa, Maharashtra, Madhya Pradesh, Chattisgarh
- Andhra Pradesh, Karnataka
- Tamil Nadu, Kerala, Pondicherry, Lakshadweep
- Orissa, West Bengal, Arunachal Pradesh, Nagaland, Manipur, Mizoram, Tripura, Meghalaya, Andaman & Nicobar Islands
- Bihar, Jharkhand
- Army Post office (APO) and Field Post office (FPO)
The first digits of the Indian pincode number specifies the region of the post office, second digits of the pincode number specifies the sub regions, third digits of the pincode number indicates sorting district in that region and the last three digits of the pincode number assigned to the Indian post offices. Pincode for different area is different. It is important to provide correct pincode number at the time of posting the orders or items so that the orders to reach its original place because pincode specify the region of that particular state to which that items belong.
At this Pincode sites you can you can search pincode of a particular areas or locations as well as search any address of any places in India through its pincode. You can search here Indian pincode or PIN by State, District, Taluk, Postal Division, Postal Regions, Post office Type, Post Office Name and Location.